Ethan and Glenn - Shot my room, whhaddah you think?
analog orange
7th November 2008
Old 7th November 2008
Gear Head

Shot my room, added more pics and graphs -whaddah you think?

Well, I shot my room last night with REW and an ECM8000 (thanks Ethan). Here's the graph. There are currently 2 6 inch bass traps straddling two corners and a container of rock wool in another corner. The floor is wood. The walls all drywall. The walls also angle up to the ceiling starting at about 4 feet from the floor on one side and 6 feet up on the other. What do you all recommend? I was thinking a bunch of high freq absorption for all that crap 1k and up and then a bunch of superchunking. I was thinking I might be able to get away with a bunch of 1" 703 everywhere for the 1k and up stuff. For the rest I was thinking superchunks in all the corners and a bass trap on all the points where wall meets ceiling or floor. I'm going to need to be able to track vocals in the room, both singing and voiceovers.
Attached Thumbnails
Ethan and Glenn - Shot my room, whhaddah you think?-studio-diagram2.jpg   Ethan and Glenn - Shot my room, whhaddah you think?-20-1k.jpg   Ethan and Glenn - Shot my room, whhaddah you think?-1k-20k.jpg   Ethan and Glenn - Shot my room, whhaddah you think?-studiopic1.jpg   Ethan and Glenn - Shot my room, whhaddah you think?-studiopic2.jpg  

Last edited by analog orange; 7th November 2008 at 04:21 PM.. Reason: additional info
7th November 2008
Old 7th November 2008
Gear Head

I would zoom in more on the vertical axis, more detailed..
7th November 2008
Old 7th November 2008
Gear Guru

Lightbulb

Yes, 30 dB per vertical division is useless and hard to read. Regardless, you need more bass trapping. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

--Ethan
analog orange
7th November 2008
Old 7th November 2008
Gear Head

Yikes, I posted the wrong one. I'll get the right one up tonight. Thanks in advance.
7th November 2008
Old 7th November 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Winer View Post
Yes, 30 dB per vertical division is useless and hard to read. Regardless, you need more bass trapping. Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

--Ethan
word
analog orange
9th November 2008
Old 9th November 2008
Gear Head

Okay, fixed the resolution of the graph(s) and attached a couple of pics of the space. Please excuse the mess. Any an all opinions appreciated.

Thanks.
10th November 2008
Old 10th November 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
What do you all recommend? I was thinking a bunch of high freq absorption for all that crap 1k and up and then a bunch of superchunking. I was thinking I might be able to get away with a bunch of 1" 703 everywhere for the 1k and up stuff. For the rest I was thinking superchunks in all the corners and a bass trap on all the points where wall meets ceiling or floor. I'm going to need to be able to track vocals in the room, both singing and voiceovers.
Sounds like a good plan to me, but instead of 1" go with 2" and space it off the wall 2". That will help in the lower mids/upper bass also.

Glenn
10th November 2008
Old 10th November 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog orange View Post
I was thinking a bunch of high freq absorption for all that crap 1k and up and then a bunch of superchunking. I was thinking I might be able to get away with a bunch of 1" 703 everywhere for the 1k and up stuff. For the rest I was thinking superchunks in all the corners and a bass trap on all the points where wall meets ceiling or floor. I'm going to need to be able to track vocals in the room, both singing and voiceovers.
What are you doing on the back wall?

Frank
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search