4) Well, to be honest, I think the Syphony Card line is a big Joke . One , for putting all of their eggs with Apple, and two, not having any on-board DSp..
A very weak product that will get smoked by other products (Fairlight CC-1)..
5) Let's see, why would any one spend that kind of Money, when they can all kinds of products , including the Digi HD accel cards , which are low-latency and have DSP???
6) I really think Apogee drooped the ball ..As well, as those who really think that Native -only solutions will replace DSP solutions ..It won;t..
Power users want ..Power.. And Not nickled and dimmed from companies like apogee..Who Sympho9ny card is a Sham of a product only to increase the sales of their Converters...
Originally Posted by jjdpro
Dos is a Unix derivative
2) The reason for DSP or even powered DSP was not to for the sole purpose of achieveing low latency, but to achive "High-Quality" fx , with out draining the host CPU
3) That's true that both Nuendo & Sx have MAc versions.. Most nay real DAW user know not to run those on any MAc if you wan tthe real performance . Not that Mcs are not up to running them fast, but the MAc versions of those Apps are not really robust due to the fact, that they were not "written nativley for OSX, but Windows..