Originally Posted by col
I think it's due to the stacking effect of quad tracking everything. Possibly also has something to do with the fact that the real amps are dual mic'd (SM57 + M201TG) and the profile is sort of a 50/50 hybrid of the two mics.
I guess I'll have to mess around with the advanced cab settings more, I only tried them for a while and the tone I got out wasn't really what I was after. I just felt that me trying to fix it through the menus would most likely result in a less
accurate tone compared to the real thing. :D
I haven't really tried to fix the issue that way yet to be honest. Once we finish recording I'll have more time to delve into the deep editing side of it.
EDIT: Here's the eq curve of the differences made with Ozone match eq, the boosted freq are the ones missing from the Kemper. I'll have to try to apply this eq to the Kemper tracks and see if it fixes the issue.
Edit2: It indeed did fix the issues I was getting.
have you thought of doing three or two profiles one of the sm57 and one of the m201gt and maybe a third of the 50/50 hybrid , so your not getting 4 tracks of the same eq'd sound