Is it safe to plug an extension cord into a surge protector?
I want to plug the power supply of an analog synth into a 6ft extension cord that is connected to a surge protector.
I'm not sure of the scientific ramifications of doing this. Is this safe? Will I still get surge protection?
To me, it seems like using the extension cord wouldn't make a difference, since wouldn't it be exactly the same as just using a longer cord?
I was hoping someone far more knowledgeable about electricity than me could explain if this is safe or what the downsides are. Can it damage the synth, start a fire, etc?