Originally Posted by xaMdaM
Now that the studio is done and open, and up and running, I've discovered that there are SEVERAL broken wires on the card connector on channel 1.
So far, I've found and fixed 5 broken wires, but the best I seem to get out of the unit is attenuated Line Level input... and no mic pre input....
I've talked to BAE several times about it, and they don't have a loaner to send me while I send my backplane back. WTF?!?? ... and it's gonna be AT LEAST 6 more weeks before they'll get into another production run of the chassis racks. Which probably means it could be July/Aug or Sept before I can get the unit replaced/repaired. This really does bite the butt, as you'd think they would have at least one or possibly TWO frames in stock, to help their customers with a lil' CYA.
Here are two relatively novel concepts that will take way less than 6 weeks... 1) trace out the wires and solder them to their proper stations; 2) send the rack back to BAE and have them fix it.
We're not talking about serious rocket surgery here... this stuff is really pretty elementary.
I'm honestly surprised that who ever you talked to at BAE didn't make this suggestion... but I'm equally surprised that you seem to be making a mountain out of a mole hill.
Maybe there is something else going on besides what you've described, but what you've described is a pretty quick [as in under 2 hours] kinda fix.