View Single Post
31st October 2008
Old 31st October 2008
Gear addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by modulation View Post
this is inspiring to me because yeah i am really sick of working those crazy hours all night. the only problem is that its not my studio i am just an emloyee, and i wonder if i dont want to work those hours if the owners will find an engineer who does? i dunno that remains to be seen, but seriuosly i am considering putting my foot down and saying no more, no more 7 day a week sessions no more 15 hour days that last til 3AM im just not gonna do it anymore. it really wears me thin and makes me not even look forward to working alot of the time.
Hmmm, I don't know what things are like in your area but if I quit today there could be a replacement sitting in my chair within the hour, two hours max. Maybe you're personally in demand and it's different but otherwise just think about all those kids flying out of SAE, Full Sail, Conservatory etc this year, last year, the year before that. I would guess that most of them don't have jobs and are (figuratively) in line behind you for your job...

I think with the long hours, you have to do it in the beginning because you're no better or different to someone else that will. Once people start to value you as a person again you can set your own rules to work by, just like in the "real world."