View Single Post
gsilbers
6th April 2007
Old 6th April 2007
Lives for gear

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora La Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula

Quote:
Originally Posted by canderson View Post
The Advanta card is probably going to be your best bet. I have an Advanta card that is 3.99% FIXED for the life of the balance transfer.

If you wanna search out other options, Bankrate is a great resource.

Regarding Capital One....

I have done my research here and it is a bad idea to go with them. Their credit reporting practices have come into question. Here's the deal. They only report to the big 3 (Experian, Equifax, & Transunion) the highest amount of credit you've utilized with them. Meaning, when you've paid down that balance they continue to report that you've utilized what your highest balance due has ever been. They do this to ward off competition from other credit card companies for your business.

Weird stuff that hurts your credit

Regarding credit usage. Credit scores are adversely effected when you begin to utilize more than 30% of your available credit. So if you have a $10K card...once you get over the 3K mark of utilization of credit on that card, your credit score begins to be adversely effected. This is why it is better to have multiple low balances on several credit cards then one credit card where almost all of the available credit is used up.

canderson

P.S. without disciplined spending, credit cards will become the bain of your existence.
nice info!