View Single Post
10th April 2014
Old 10th April 2014
Lives for gear

I love the Focal's for production - I find them to be a great aid when tracking for making the best mic placement choices and have no desire to move on

BUT

I went to put them on yesterday and they felt funny on my head like they were suddenly sliding off one ear - I keep trying to adjust them, but it was still weird feeling.

I examined them more closely and discovered a crack running all the way around the right ear band (it was hidden with the top of the band fully closed as I usually wear them) - this is after 4 months of light use with no hits or falls - I am also the only one who uses these phones in my studio

By comparison, I have had pairs of ATM M-50's rocking for years under heavy use (musicians tracking with them and being not so careful) as well as some cheapish Sure SRH 440's that I have had in action twice as long with no issues.

I am very disappointing to say the least - I should have years of trouble free usage from a professional product in this price range - I am going to see how my dealer and Focal handle this, but I'm feeling pretty cold about my first foray into the world of Focal products at this point.
Attached Thumbnails
Focal Professional launches Spirit Professional headphones.-photo.jpg  

bring back thumbsup

Sincerely Yours,

Orion L. Paradis